Tuesday, November 27, 2007

BUILDING A PLASTIC MODEL KIT, WHERE TO START


One of the most challenging, affordable, easy and rewarding hobbies out there is building plastic model kits. Sure you can now buy all kinds of pre-built models and they look very good. But nothing equals making something yourself and you have every possible option at your disposal.

Building models can seem tedious and difficult. It is not for people looking for fast results, but it can be easy and the results can be amazing. This blog will show you some of the pitfalls and tricks available to make the job a lot easier. You don't need patience, just the desire and a little bit of willingness. Building a model is like reading a book, time flies and you relax. the main objective is to have fun and be satisfied with your results. nobody can be perfect the first time out, it takes practice. I learn myself something new all the time and I'm not about to run out.

So stick around and get ready to have some fun.

Gerry :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOWDY
AGAIN GERRY. AS I WANDER AROUND THIS SITE I SEE MORE AND MORE OF MY OWN INTERESTS IN HERE. MODEL BUILDING IS SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN DOING FOR 40 YEARS NOW. MOSTLY CARS. I ALSO TEACH A CLASS IN IT AT THE LOCAL BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB. I HAVE BEEN SLACKING OFF ON MY OWN A BIT LATELY BUT I HAVE JUST STARTED THE PLANNING STAGES OF MY NEXT PROJECT. "TOE MATER" FROM THE DISNEY MOVIE "CARS". I'VE NEVER DONE A TOW TRUCK SO I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS ONE. UNFORTUNETLY THERE IS NO KIT OF ANYTHING CLOSE SO I WILL BE STEALING A FEW PARTS FROM HERE AND THERE BUT SCRATCH BUILDING THE FRAME, SUSPENSION AND BODY. I'VE NEVER TRIED AN ANIMATED CHARACTER EITHER.
COME CHECK OUT MY STRING OF MODELS AT http://unclezapaudiozap.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9
ADDING MODEL PICS THERE IS ENCOURAGED PLEASE.
NICE SECTION. I'LL POINT SOME OF MY EARLY STUDENTS TO HERE.
ZAPPDOG

Gerry Lauzon said...

Thanks Zappdog. There will be more here as time allows. This is a pretty new blog. I'll be certain to check out the link you provided.

Gerry :)